Kruger Park, Swaziland & KwaZulu Natal Tours
Imagine being transported from South Africa’s natural crown jewel (aka the Kruger) to the coast where the warm Indian Ocean stretches out to the horizon? Well, with our Kruger, Swazi and KZN Tour, you needn’t imagine any longer.
Did you know that South Africa boasts several wildlife gems? And on this tour (you can choose between 6, 7 or 8 days), you’ll not only get to experience some of them, but also the rich culture that Swaziland has to offer.
From Bush to Beach
Just picture several days of game drives, boat cruises and mountainous views ... if you decide to go on our Kruger, Swazi and KZN Tour, that's exactly what you'll get to enjoy. Want to know what’s on the itinerary? We’ve got a breakdown of it.
Gauteng to Kruger National Park
- We normally leave Johannesburg between 06:00 and 08:30 to allow for various collection points. The shuttle/transfer is an additional cost. As for the route … think a drive through the scenic wide open spaces of the Highveld, down the escarpment and through the lovely Lowveld area! To appease those rumbling tummies, we also stop for lunch en-route (own expense) and reach the camp in the afternoon.
- After settling into your accommodations, you’ll get to jump straight into your exciting safari experience with our first game drive. To allow you enjoy a truly memorable safari, we conduct all our game drives in specially-adapted 4x4 open vehicles.
- After this, you’ll have some free time, which you could use to explore the camp, catch up on the sleep you missed in the morning, or peruse the park shop for souvenirs for the family, yummy food items, and even stuff like international adapters.
- Then, it’s onto an appetising dinner. Enjoy a delicious three-course meal, served al fresco at our camp. (Dinner included)
- As the golden sun rises over our final day in the Kruger National Park, we have one last chance to find the animals that have eluded us thus far. We then enjoy breakfast en-route to our next exciting destination - the landlocked Kingdom of the Swazis.
- You’ll get to admire the view and observe the variation in landscape as we move into a more mountainous region. We also stop for lunch en-route (own expense).
- In the evening, you’ll get to spend the night in one of the Swaziland Royal National Parks, where all the animals belong to the king. Your guide will also prepare dinner under the stars and the evening is spent sharing travel stories around the fire. (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- Today, we enjoy a later start! After breakfast, we depart for KwaZulu Natal through ever-changing landscapes, and stop for lunch en-route (own expense) to the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve. It’s actually been made famous for its breeding program of both black and white rhino, something that brought these magnificent creatures back from the brink of extinction!
- We spend the first afternoon in search of wildlife on the way to our camp, where we’ll enjoy a scrumptious dinner, too.
- This day is incredibly special as it is filled with fascinating wildlife! Besides the Big 5, you can also expect to see animals like bush buck and nyala as well as many interesting bird species.
- After dinner, we’ll join a night drive conducted by KZN Parks, which gives us the opportunity to perhaps see some of the nocturnal species out and about. (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- After a final game drive and an amazing breakfast, we continue to South Africa’s first World Heritage Site - the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
- Upon arrival in the village of St Lucia, we join a two-hour Hippo and Crocodile Boat Cruise on the St Lucia Estuary. Many crocodiles, hippos and birds make the estuary their home and you’ll have ample photographic opportunities (so be sure to bring your camera along!).
- After lunch at one of the restaurants in the village (own expense), we continue along to the Dolphin Coast. Accommodation here is in rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- We then enjoy dinner with the sound of waves crashing in the background. (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- After breakfast, you will have time to go for a walk along the beach or to enjoy a swim in the warm Indian Ocean. We will then stop en-route to King Shaka International Airport to enjoy lunch (own expense), and are expected to arrive around 16:00. (Breakfast included)
• Professional drivers/guides (FGASA registered – Field Guides Association of Southern Africa)
• Meals as specified per itinerary
• All game drives in the Kruger National Park in an open game drive vehicle
• All entry fees and daily conservation levies
• Accommodation as per chosen option
• Bottled mineral water during the day in the Kruger National Park
• Wine with dinner in the Kruger National Park
• Meals not specified in itinerary
• Pick up and drop off in Johannesburg/Pretoria
• Guests are welcome to bring their own drinks to dinner, which can be purchased at the Park’s shop
• Items of a personal nature
On our safaris, we make use of facilities and accommodation situated inside the Kruger National Park and do not stay outside the Kruger, unless forced to do so because of availability.
We have a permanent camp in Skukuza, which is also where our open game drive vehicles are based. Safaris with accommodation in multiple rest camps are available on request.
It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the game drive vehicles, air-conditioned mini bus transfer vehicles as well as in the dining facility.
Although we welcome children on our safaris, we reserve the right not to allow younger children on our normal game drives. This will be entirely up to the guide’s discretion and will be in order to ensure a pleasurable game drive for all our guests (including the parents). Should this be the case, a bush bumble (kiddies game drive) will be conducted after the normal game drive, especially for the kids. We do not offer babysitting and as such one of the parents will have to stay behind to watch the children. Private game drives for families can be arranged at an extra charge.
Guests flying out of OR Tambo Airport on the last day are reminded to not book any flights earlier than 19:00 (domestic) or 20:00 (international) in order to give us enough time to get you to the airport. We recommend that you rather stay over in Johannesburg if possible. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Johannesburg on the last day we will not be held responsible for reimbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected. Guests flying out of Nelspruit on the last day may, depending on their flight details, not have enough time to see the Panorama Route. Private transfers for guests with early flights can be arranged in advance at an extra charge.