3 DAY JOBURG EXPLORER
Joburg is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city with plenty of unique places of interest to see. Our awesome 3 Day / 2 Night Joburg Explorer Special includes breakfast and accommodation at Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo as well as a complimentary return airport transfer and a Johannesburg & Soweto Day Tour! Special valid for travel until 30 April 2018.
Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo boasts beautiful grounds, a spacious conference centre and rooms that offer complete simplicity and comfort.
Looking for accommodation that’s just a stone’s throw away from O.R. Tambo International Airport? Then look no further … Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo boasts beautiful grounds, a spacious conference centre and newly-refurbished rooms that offer complete simplicity and comfort.
The lodge has standard double rooms and standard twin rooms, and all the rooms are fully air-conditioned, have en-suite bathrooms, guest amenities and television.
Day Tour Itinerary
- We’ll start off at Satyagraha House - the house of Mohandas ‘Mahatma’ Gandhi. Then, it’s over to Houghton for a drive past the Mandela home (did you know that it’s here that Madiba spent the last days of his life?), which is still a private residence.
- After this, we head over to the Rosebank Art & Craft Market for a little shopping and some lunch (own expense). From there, we take a drive to the Apartheid Museum, a beacon of South African hope, showing the world that the country has come to terms with its past and is working towards a better future.
- After the museum, the tour continues to the South of Soweto where we’ll get to see iconic places like FNB Stadium, the Diepkloof area with its famous ‘Matchbox’ houses and Chris Baragwanath Hospital. Next are the colourful Cooling Towers, and the tour of Soweto South ends at Walter Sisulu Square in Kliptown where 3000 people gathered in 1955 to adopt the Freedom Charter … something that now forms the basis of SA’s constitution.
- From there, we continue past the Hector Pieterson Museum in Orlando West with our last stop being the vibey Vilakazi Street. It’s a famous street in Soweto and is the only street in the world to have had two Nobel Peace Prize winners as residents, namely Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu.
- Some important info to remember would be that this is a full day tour, that starts around 08:45 and ends at 17:00.
- *The tour might deviate according to traffic and time available.
• Bed and breakfast.
• Wi-Fi in the common areas.
• Return airport shuttle transfer.
• Johannesburg & Soweto Day Tour only.
• Lunch and Dinner
• Items of a personal nature
Accommodation subject to availability. Terms and Conditions apply.
**Terms and Conditions Apply