Budget - Want to enjoy an economically-friendly holiday? Sounds like a plan. If you stay with us, you get to sleep in huts, complete with twin beds, bedding, aircon and a small fridge. They also have mosquito proofing on the doors and windows, and ablutions are shared and serviced regularly.
Camping - Looking to rough it out and enjoy a simple experience in the Kruger? Try our camping safari, where you’ll get to snooze in a meru tent with the necessities - beds, mattresses, duvets, pillows, towels, amenities and an electrical power point. Ablutions are shared and serviced regularly.
Classic - Stick with the classics and enjoy the breathtakingly-beautiful Kruger National Park from the comfort of an en-suite chalet, equipped with beds, linen, towels and soap. These chalets also have a small fridge, air conditioning and mosquito proofing on the doors and windows.
Day 1: Your journey begins
- We normally leave Johannesburg between 06:00 and 08:30 to allow for various collection points. The shuttle/transfer is an additional cost. As for the route … think a drive through the scenic wide open spaces of the Highveld, down the escarpment and through the lovely Lowveld area! To appease those rumbling tummies, we also stop for lunch en-route (own expense) and reach the respective camps in the afternoon.
- After settling into your accommodations, you’ll get to jump straight into your exciting safari experience with our first game drive - a SANParks sunset drive (but remember, this is only for safaris that are 3 Days or longer ... our 2 Day safari guests will do their drive in our vehicles)! Get ready to see the animals that are more active at night in all their glory. Even better … the Park’s rangers are allowed to return after the normal gate closing times.
- With this, it’s important to remember that these drives take place in one of the Kruger Park’s vehicles, so this is not a private game drive and there may be other guests on this drive. Also, children under 6 years of age are not permitted on open vehicle drives.
- After the drive, it’s onto an appetising dinner. Enjoy a three-course meal, served al fresco at our camp.
- The bushveld always enjoys an early start and so do you. After all, safaris are all about getting up early, and getting out there and seeing animals! After your wake-up call (this time varies depending on the seasons and park gate opening times), you’ll get to warm up with a cup of tea or coffee, and snacks. Then, it’s time for the morning safari (it takes approximately 3-4 hours). Lucky for you, your guide will have an intimate knowledge of the park … this contributes a great deal towards memorable sightings! But you know what they say - the more time you spend on a safari, the better your chances of seeing the animals!
- On your return to camp, brunch will be ready. After this, you’ll have some free time, which you could use to explore the camp, catch up on the sleep you missed in the morning, or peruse the park shop for souvenirs for the family, yummy food items, and even stuff like international adapters.
- We then set off on the afternoon game drive. Remember, all our game drives are conducted in specially-adapted, 4x4 open game drive vehicles to allow you the best possible vantage point. In the evening, we share safari stories under the stars, after dinner served at the camp. (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- Morning Walk - A walk in the Kruger Park affords you the opportunity to experience the bush from a totally different perspective. You really do get up close and personal with Africa's wild animals, insects, trees and birds. Qualified trail guides take you on a 3-hour walk where there is chance you could come across Africa's Big 5 on foot. Please be advised however, the focus is not on Big 5 encounters, but rather smaller and often very interesting aspects of the bush that only a walk can offer. This activity is available at an additional ZAR 570.00 per person and needs to be pre-booked with your consultant when you confirm your safari with us. This activity is dependent on availability.
- Panorama Route - Our full day Panorama Route tour covers the best sights of this famous South African sightseeing route. We will include the Three Rondavels, Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes, God's Window and the glass elevator near the town of Graskop. This tour is available at an additional cost of ZAR 795.00 per person and needs to be pre-booked with your consultant when you confirm your safari with us. If you choose to do the Panorama Route, you forfeit your morning and afternoon drive in the Kruger Park as there is not enough time to include both activities. You cannot book a Panorama Route tour whilst on safari. (Kindly note that this excursion is not available on the first or last day of your safari due to time constraints). All entry fees and the glass elevator are included in the price. Lunch is excluded.
- Please note that optional extras that are pre-booked are non-refundable in the event that you decide to no longer participate in the activity.
- As the golden sun rises over our final day in the Kruger National Park, we have one last chance to find the animals that have eluded us thus far. Then, after breakfast, we return to Johannesburg. The drive back takes at least 6 hours and guests are advised to sleep over in Johannesburg on this night. (Breakfast included)
- Guests flying out of Nelspruit, wishing to still join the morning game drive and the shuttle going through Nelspruit, should book flights departing from 13:30 onwards. Any earlier flights will result in missing the morning game drive and having to book a private transfer at an additional charge.
- Guests flying into Nelspruit’s Kruger Mpumalanga airport, wishing to join the shuttle, need to land between 11:00 & 12:45 and be aware that they may have to wait a little for the shuttle to arrive from Johannesburg. Private transfers are available to guests booked on flights at alternative times at an additional charge.
• Professional drivers/guides (FGASA registered – Field Guides Association of Southern Africa)
• Meals as specified per itinerary
• All game drives in the Kruger National Park in an open game drive vehicle
• SANParks sunset drive for safaris of 3 Days or more (All Kruger Park Safari guests over 6 years of age)
• All entry fees and daily conservation levies
• Accommodation as per chosen option
• Meals and drinks not specified in itinerary
• Pick up and drop off in Johannesburg/Pretoria
• Items of a personal nature
On our safaris, we make use of facilities and accommodation situated inside the Kruger National Park and do not stay outside the Kruger, unless forced to do so because of availability.
We have a permanent camp in Kruger Park, which is also where our open game drive vehicles are based. Safaris with accommodation in multiple rest camps are available on request.
It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the game drive vehicles, air-conditioned mini bus transfer vehicles as well as in the dining facility.
Please note that sunset game drive times are subject to change and availability on the day. These drives are conducted by SANParks, by one of their rangers and in one of their vehicles. There will most likely be other guests on this drive. Children under 6 years of age are not allowed on SANParks open game drive vehicles.
Although we welcome children on our safaris, we reserve the right not to allow younger children on our normal game drives. This will be entirely up to the guide’s discretion and will be in order to ensure a pleasurable game drive for all our guests (including the parents). Should this be the case, a bush bumble (kiddies game drive) will be conducted after the normal game drive, especially for the kids. We do not offer babysitting and as such one of the parents will have to stay behind to watch the children. Private game drives for families can be arranged at an extra charge.
Guests flying out of O.R. Tambo Airport on the last day are reminded to not book any flights earlier than 19:00 (domestic) or 20:00 (international) in order to give us enough time to get you to the airport. We recommend that you rather stay over in Johannesburg if possible. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Johannesburg on the last day we will not be held responsible for reimbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected. Guests flying out of Nelspruit on the last day may, depending on their flight details, not have enough time to see the Panorama Route. Private transfers for guests with early flights can be arranged in advance at an extra charge.